Old 27-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Blossom end rot

"Steve wrote...
Is it me or the bad growing year we seam to be having..

I am getting about 30-40% of my tomato fruit suffering from blossom end

rot.
I never had it this bad before, the pots never dry out, I am doing
everything the same as I did last year. Last year we had a great crop, so
much in fact the frozen processed toms lasted until Feb this year.

I am at a loss on where I am going wrong.. all the books say its due to

the
pots drying out, but I have never let them dry out..
Any ideas

It's caused by an inability of the plant to take up calcium and this is
normally caused by lack of water but can also caused by an acid growing
medium.
Is your's acid perhaps and are you watering wilt soft water as well?

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....