Old 28-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Jim Sullivan

Default Slug and snails

wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:26:37 -0400, " Fisherman"
wrote:

Our vegetable garden now has both slugs and snails (brought in on some
plants)

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance

I heard getting them drunk, so you can take advantage of them really
works. :-p

Seriously, I was told placing small plates of beer out will draw them
to it. They will drink and drink and be unable to get out and drown.
Just have to make sure you clean out the bowls regularly, so the dead
ones don't tip off the new ones of the trap.

Yes, slugs like beer, but apparently, they also like dead slugs, so just
leave the dead slugs in the dish. Lee Valley has an high tech version of a
dish for slugs:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...2,21 90,33120

--
Jim Sullivan