Old 28-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Blossom end rot

I've got the same problem, and so has my neighbour.
Neither of us has changed our growing methods and we NEVER let the plants
dry out.
We both grow in pots standing in gravel trays. We feed from the top and
water from the bottom. The trays are never dry.
This is the worst year either of us have ever known for this problem - we
have lost virtually every fruit on the first truss, although the fruit on
the upper trusses appears to be clear.

"Steve @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message
Is it me or the bad growing year we seam to be having..

I am getting about 30-40% of my tomato fruit suffering from blossom end

rot.
I never had it this bad before, the pots never dry out, I am doing
everything the same as I did last year. Last year we had a great crop, so
much in fact the frozen processed toms lasted until Feb this year.

I am at a loss on where I am going wrong.. all the books say its due to

the
pots drying out, but I have never let them dry out..
Any ideas

Thanks
Steve
www.ukstorms.com & www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk