Old 28-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Sacha

Default old grass seeds still useable ?

On 28/6/04 2:08 pm, in article kJVDc.71$444.40@newsfe4-gui, "j www"
wrote:

hi, have found some old grass seeds that i bought loose one or maybe two
years ago.

since i now have a huge bare patch in my lawn after the moss killer did its'
business, i am now wondering if it is o.k. to use these old seeds ?

It's certainly worth a try but may I suggest you use a trick of my
husband's? He mixes grass seed with compost, rolls the top of the bag over
lightly, having just dampened the compost and waits for it to germinate.
When it has, he scatters it onto bare patches etc. He sometimes covers that
with a horticultural fleece held down with stones, just to give it a bit
more boost and to keep people from walking on it, of course.
Not only does this get the seeds off to a flying start, it makes them less
attractive to birds.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk