Old 28-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Nedra

Default High Ph

Hi Dave,

Don't dump anything in your pond. If your pH is 8.4 that is near perfect
for Koi and plants. I would get a
good reading on it though. Suggest you buy a test kit that measures
pH 10 or 12.

Nedra

"DavesVideo" wrote in message
I'm still working on my pond and trying to stop all the leaks in the

falls
and finally got around to buying a test strip kit. The water right out of

the
tap has a high Ph. 8.4 is the highest it registers so that is what I have

or
maybe higher. Is dumping a lot of "Ph Down" the answer? And just what is

that
stuff, citric acid or something like that?

One other question, the test strip also tests for alkalinity which of
course is high. But what is the difference, if th Ph is high, of course it

is
going to be alkaline, isn't that correct?

At least it is from a well and there is zero chlorine.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave