Old 28-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Just Molly

Default Fantasy gardening.

"Rod" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:10:13 +0100, "Just Molly"
wrote:

You have 1/2 acre of land. All bare, level,no features, usual triangular
shape. How would you plant it?

Saw a garden this morning that I would love to own. Been doing a lot
of walking since I got out of hospital, got into a corner of the
Estate I haven't visited for over 20 years, an old farmhouse there has
an absolutely perfect cottage garden, not a townie's imitation - this
is the real thing, higgledy piggledy veg - bean pyramids, spuds
cabbages you name it all mixed up with old fashioned flowers, Lathyrus
latifolius scrambling over the hedge by the gate. Pots of this and
that all over the place, a little greenhouse full of well grown
tomatoes, a brick privy, a nice old wooden table and chairs, a few
cats lounging around in the sun. All of the plants were healthy, happy
and well grown. No this isn't a dream it is real.

Photos please :0)