Old 28-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Just Molly

Default Fantasy gardening.

You have 1/2 acre of land. All bare, level,no features, usual triangular
shape. How would you plant it?

Old 28-06-2004, 03:05 AM
Stephen Howard

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:10:13 +0100, "Just Molly"
wrote:

You have 1/2 acre of land. All bare, level,no features, usual triangular
shape. How would you plant it?

Assuming I retained my current 'garden'...I'd turn it into a real,
old-fashioned summer meadow.

I'd then stick up a big sign that said "No adults - big children
welcome".

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 28-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Klara

In message , Stephen Howard
writes
You have 1/2 acre of land. All bare, level,no features, usual triangular
shape. How would you plant it?

Assuming I retained my current 'garden'...I'd turn it into a real,
old-fashioned summer meadow.

I'd then stick up a big sign that said "No adults - big children
welcome".

Yes!
but with fruit trees too - a bit of an orchard!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 28-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Cerumen

"Just Molly" wrote in message
You have 1/2 acre of land. All bare, level,no features, usual triangular
shape. How would you plant it?

Triangular? I actually have an acre but it's rectangular and I've been
slowly planting most of it with native trees and shrubs in a random layout
with paths wandering through it. Soon it will be an acre returned to
nature apart from my small vegetable garden.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 28-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Just Molly

"Cerumen" wrote in message

"Just Molly" wrote in message
You have 1/2 acre of land. All bare, level,no features, usual triangular
shape. How would you plant it?

Triangular? I actually have an acre but it's rectangular and I've been
slowly planting most of it with native trees and shrubs in a random layout
with paths wandering through it. Soon it will be an acre returned to
nature apart from my small vegetable garden.

Oops, I meant rectangular. Silly me.

Old 28-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Rod

wrote:

You have 1/2 acre of land. All bare, level,no features, usual triangular
shape. How would you plant it?

Saw a garden this morning that I would love to own. Been doing a lot
of walking since I got out of hospital, got into a corner of the
Estate I haven't visited for over 20 years, an old farmhouse there has
an absolutely perfect cottage garden, not a townie's imitation - this
is the real thing, higgledy piggledy veg - bean pyramids, spuds
cabbages you name it all mixed up with old fashioned flowers, Lathyrus
latifolius scrambling over the hedge by the gate. Pots of this and
that all over the place, a little greenhouse full of well grown
tomatoes, a brick privy, a nice old wooden table and chairs, a few
cats lounging around in the sun. All of the plants were healthy, happy
and well grown. No this isn't a dream it is real.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply

Old 28-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Rod

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:19:19 +0100, "Just Molly"
wrote:

All of the plants were healthy, happy
and well grown. No this isn't a dream it is real.

Photos please :0)

I only took one photo from the gate, it was so peaceful I didn't want
to intrude further to get better pictures. I've put it on
alt.binaries,pictures.gardens for those whose news servers allow
binaries.
Rod

Weed my address to reply

Fantasy Style Pond. lantzmich Ponds 0 27-11-2004 03:11 AM
Den. Golden Fantasy & 'Calista' Dens Diana Kulaga Orchids 0 06-01-2004 10:27 PM
[IBC] Yuji & 'American Fantasy' Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 16-07-2003 06:09 PM
[IBC] Yuji & 'American Fantasy' jklewis Bonsai 0 16-07-2003 05:47 PM
[IBC] Fantasy Koku-Fu Theatre Andy Rutledge Bonsai 5 02-07-2003 04:08 AM