Old 28-06-2004, 11:09 PM
JRYezierski

Default 1 st time easy pickle recipe

couple quarts of water bring to boil and add kosher salt to taste.
you like salty pickles than make the brine salty,not very salty thats ok to
just less salt.
get about 10 grape leaves or so,couple of bunchs of dill
line the bottom gallon jar/crock or whatever you are going to put the cukes
in with the grape leaves,add some cukes(sliced,whole whatever)add some
dillll and garlic(if you want) ,layer this with the grape leaves.Do not be
afraid to pack them tighly,
now add the brine while it is very warm.
cover loosly,place in dark area thats not cold(otherwise it will take days
for your pickles to be ready.
Check in three days and they should be ready,if not than wait another day or
so.
Do not be alarm if there is "stuff"growing thats ok.
Grape leaves are for the alum(sp?)to keep them crisp not soggy after a few
days or so.
This is a very quick way my Bobchi did them known as quick dills or 3day
pickles.
Enjoy\
I have another one thats ready in one day that is sweeter.

"ineedabiggaboat" wrote in message
om...
Katra wrote in message

In article ,
(ineedabiggaboat) wrote:

any suggestions??

Easiest pickle recipe I've used for pickled Okra was to buy a jar of
Claussen's pickles, eat them, then keep the brine and drop the washed
Okra into the jar with a little extra fresh dill and leave in the
refrigerator. ;-) Picked up a wonderful flavor after about 2 weeks.

Cheating, I know, but it worked and mom loved them!

K.

Thats a great idea!!! What about temperature? Refrigeration? Its hot
here in LI and I dont think the garage is cool enuff yet.