Old 29-06-2004, 01:03 AM
cat daddy

Default Bush and his religion?

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"cat daddy" wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

snip
A couple of years ago some Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door

early
on
Saturday morning. The spokesperson of the group asked, "Do you have

time
be saved from eternal damnation?" I thought for a minute and replied,

"No,
I'm too busy today. Maybe some other time." She looked stunned and

in
sarcastic tone she said "You're too busy to be saved." I replied,

"Yes."
She left a Watch Tower and moved on to her next victim. Now when I

see
them
coming (they always come in groups of a couple women and a man. The

women
always have huge purses.) I put our big male shar pei on the porch and

close
the door. They have never dared open the gate on the porch. I guess

saving
people from eternal damnation isn't worth the bother sometimes.

The Jehovah's Witnesses on my side of town are only interested in

Spanish
speaking converts. Whenever they rattle the gate, they always ask if any
Spanish speakers are in the house. I always respond, in Spanish, that no
Spanish speakers live here. They say thanks and go away. Works every
time...... }:-)

I don't know why they are so persistent. As I understand it, they believe
that only 400,000 people will make it to heaven. Surely all the spots are
filled already.

Maybe those who get the most converts get to move up on the waiting
list..... I'm happy that no gringos need apply from my neighbourhood......
When I was about 5 years old, a JW came to the door and wanted a donation
for a copy of the Watchtower. One of the acceptable items was a bar of soap.
When my mother found out what happened, she grabbed me and caught up with
the con artists around the corner. My normally mild-mannered mother reamed
them good for taking advantage of a little boy. That has always stuck with