Old 29-06-2004, 12:05 PM
---pete---

Default 1 st time easy pickle recipe

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:01:55 -0500, Katra
wrote:

Easiest pickle recipe I've used for pickled Okra was to buy a jar of
Claussen's pickles, eat them, then keep the brine and drop the washed
Okra into the jar with a little extra fresh dill and leave in the
refrigerator. ;-) Picked up a wonderful flavor after about 2 weeks.

------
Katra, I've also been doing as you suggested above.
I cut my cucumbers lengthwise into quarters and trim the
ends so they fit into the jars of left over pickle jiuce.
I've found that within a few days they picked up enough
flavor to eat them.

Of course, I keep them stored in the refrigerator and have
stored them a month or so. I'll keep adding new cucumbers
to that batch as I eat them, but after 2 months I throw out
the brine for fear of spoilage. Anyone know more about
the spoilage issue using this particular method?

--pete---