Old 29-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Dwayne

Default A thorny problem

My mom always used roses. They were beautiful and really did the job.

Dwayne

"The Lady Gardener" wrote in message
I can visualise a lovely spot for a variety of thorny succulent cacti -

very
drought tolerant, and very unpleasant to try and traverse, and not at all
invasive (ok - so stay away from prickly pear). Perhaps considering
relocating your compost heap to this corner might also serve to halt your
superhighway - though my dogs have always loved these!

Good luck

Joanne

"Peter and Susan" wrote in message
We have a minor boundary problem. Our side neighbours (#8) recently

rebuilt
their side fence towards the back of the property and didn't join it up

with
either our or their rear neighbour's back/side fences. As a result we now
have a significant gap between No 8's boundary fence and our rear boundary
fence. This has resulted in a steady stream of dogs and kids from the
property behind #8 using our yard as a speedway, a situation we are not
entirely happy with.

We had a look at our boundary situation today to try and come up with a
solution but the problem is the layout of that corner of the yard (our

side
neighbour retains up and the rear neighbour retains down) as well as
discovering that neither fence has side posts, so we can't secure a

section
of railing and nail on more palings. Digging a new post hole will be a
problem as well.

One thought that occurred to us was perhaps planting something that would

be
unpleasant to walk through. Bougainvillea came to mind but it may be too
invasive for our purposes. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Incidently, we have tried asking the kids not to run through our yard but
obviously its not working.

We are in Brisbane.

Thanks in advance

Susan and Peter