Old 29-06-2004, 03:03 PM
LFR

Default Help me pick a tree?

"Jett" wrote in message
"LFR" wrote:

Jett,

Why not consult with the personnel at the place you bought the tree from?
Since they are in the business, they "should" be most knowledgeable.

Good luck.

Lynn

Thanks, but I don't like to rely on one source of info. IAC I decided
to keep the tipu's and just have my gardner make sure they stay trimmed
to keep them from getting out of hand. The leaves are just so pretty!

Jett

I had to go look for photos. When you said evergreen, I automatically
thought of conifers (I think that's the right term for pine trees). I'm
originally from New England where anything with leaves drops them in Autumn.
I'm now in southeast Virginia and guess I have noticed that some trees keep
their foliage; for example, there are these HUGE Magnolia trees that have
deep green leaves and large, beautiful white blossoms.

Anyway, that Tipu tree looks pretty in the photo I found. I understand
about more than one opinion, but I still think a garden center is a good
place to start.

Here's the info I found on Google...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...6hl%3Den%26lr%
3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DG