Old 29-06-2004, 07:02 PM
George Orwell

Default Capiscum Spray???

In article , Frank Solis
wrote:
Trying to dissolve capiscum pepper in a liquid to form a spray. Trying
to keep rabbits from eating newly planted flowers in my garden. What is
a good solvent? Water won't do it. Will this keep them from chewing on
the flowers?

You might try using tobasco sauce. It will dissolve unlike ground
capiscum peppers. However I believe that you should be able to dissolve
enough of the active ingredient from finely ground capiscum peppers to
do the trick. I usually use about 1 or 2 tsp of red pepper to a gallon
of warm water, let soak for 1 hour, and then strain through some nylon
stockings. You can try to add some crushed garlic to the mix also.