Old 29-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Christopher Smith

Default Summer Flowering Wattles?

I am trying to put together a grove of wattles proving the conjecture
that there is always a variety of wattle in flower at any given time of
year.

I am not actually sure that it is possible to do so in a fixed
location. I may have misunderstood the meaning of this as it may take
into account the variation of climatic conditions across the continent.

I have found four varieties that flower consecutively from about April
to January in Perth: Acacia conferta, pentadenia, vestita and
teminalis. If anyone knows of varieties that will cover the gap from
January to April, or a low growing variety to replace the Acacia
terminalis in this scheme, I would be very grateful.

Thanks