Old 29-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Christopher Smith

Default Summer Flowering Wattles?

I am trying to put together a grove of wattles proving the conjecture
that there is always a variety of wattle in flower at any given time of
year.

I am not actually sure that it is possible to do so in a fixed
location. I may have misunderstood the meaning of this as it may take
into account the variation of climatic conditions across the continent.

I have found four varieties that flower consecutively from about April
to January in Perth: Acacia conferta, pentadenia, vestita and
teminalis. If anyone knows of varieties that will cover the gap from
January to April, or a low growing variety to replace the Acacia
terminalis in this scheme, I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Loosecannon

Yep top posted.

Acacia genistifolia is supposed to flower from spring through to autumn.
Gets to 1.5-2.5 m high and similar width.

Acacia elata flowers mainly in summer. 10-15m high by 7-9m wide.

Acacia implexa flowers mainly in summer. 6-9m high by 5-8m wide.

Acacia mearnsii flowers sring to summer. 10-15m high by 7-10m wide.

Acacia retinodes flowers most of the year and peaks in summer. 5-7m high by
3-4m wide.

Look at also Acacia anuera

d.au...

Old 02-07-2004, 02:04 AM
Christopher Smith

In article
,
Loosecannon wrote:

Yep top posted.

I wonąt complain... this time ;-)

Acacia genistifolia is supposed to flower from spring through to autumn.
Gets to 1.5-2.5 m high and similar width.

Acacia elata flowers mainly in summer. 10-15m high by 7-9m wide.

Acacia implexa flowers mainly in summer. 6-9m high by 5-8m wide.

Acacia mearnsii flowers sring to summer. 10-15m high by 7-10m wide.

Acacia retinodes flowers most of the year and peaks in summer. 5-7m high by
3-4m wide.

Look at also Acacia anuera

Thanks for the pointers, A. genistifolia sounds as though it may be
perfect
Old 02-07-2004, 03:07 AM
Christopher Smith

In article
,
Loosecannon wrote:

Acacia genistifolia is supposed to flower from spring through to autumn.
Gets to 1.5-2.5 m high and similar width.

Acacia elata flowers mainly in summer. 10-15m high by 7-9m wide.

Acacia implexa flowers mainly in summer. 6-9m high by 5-8m wide.

Acacia mearnsii flowers sring to summer. 10-15m high by 7-10m wide.

Acacia retinodes flowers most of the year and peaks in summer. 5-7m high by
3-4m wide.

Look at also Acacia anuera

I just discovered a web site, http://www.worldwidewattle.com/ which
seems quite encyclopedic, if anyone is interested in anything to do
with our national tree.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Chookie

In article ,
Christopher Smith wrote:

I just discovered a web site, http://www.worldwidewattle.com/ which
seems quite encyclopedic, if anyone is interested in anything to do
with our national tree.

Isn't there a site attached to the Australian Botanical Gardens that has a lot
of info about wattles? I can't pull up the URL atm.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet