Old 30-06-2004, 12:06 AM

Default common goldfish sick

streaking is almost always an indication that water quality is poor. how many
gallons of water, how many GF? what is your hardness, nitrates? how long have the
fish been in there did you test the water for ammonia every day?
Ingrid

"johnhuddleston" wrote:

hi, having recently moved my goldfish to a pond, I have noticed them looking
a bit peaky. One has developed what look like bloodvessels on his gill
scale, has lost a couple of scales near his tail and a few other places and
has some blood streaking in his tail(tho not all the way to the end of it)
the other two seem okay, but have a few scales missing. I have tested the
water and the results are 0 for ammonia and nitrates, and 8 for ph.

I`ve noticed the PH bounces from a ph of 7 in the morning to a as high as 9
of an evening. I know this is caused by plants/algae, could this be
affecting them negatively? the only other thing i can think of is some sort
of poisoning but everything was thouroughly cleaned before i put them in
there. any ideas?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com