Old 30-06-2004, 09:06 AM
mike. buckley

Default Tomatoes - first year - problem?

Hello,

Need some advice for my Toms. This is the first year I've grown them and
I'm treating it very much as a learning exercise, which is probably a
good job.....
The plants (gardeners delight) are now about 3' high, and a couple of
them have hazelnut sized toms on. The problem is that a couple of them
have stopped growing normally. The leaves have gone leathery and curl
downwards back towards the stem, growth also seems to have slowed. I had
this earlier in the year and tried re-potting which seems to have
worked, those are showing normal growth again, but now different plants
are effected. I am feeding with Tom feed, once every 7 days as per
instructions. Am I seeing the results of using too small pots (7" i
think off the top of my head) and frankly, pretty shit weather, or is it
something else?

Thanks

--
Mike Buckley