Old 30-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Actinidia Arguta 'Issai'

lid (Rodger Whitlock) wrote in
:

I have the closely related Actinidia kolomikta. It took over a
decade to settle down and start growing with any vigor.

I've grown Actinidia chinensis from supermarket pips, and they took off
like a rocket (despite the small pocket of rather inhospitable and stony
soil I gave them!).

I tried kolomikta from seed, but no germination :-(

I guess other Actinidias are less energetic - I was rather expecting this
to go 'zoom' like chinensis, but apparently not.

If anyone out there could tell me if 'Issai' is supposed to have slightly
yellowy leaves, I'd still love to hear about it!

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall