Old 01-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Vestman

Default 'Tightly' planted Onc.

"Vestman" vestman at adslhome danmark skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
Hi everyone!

I´ve just bought two giant Onc. (or odont.?) by giant, I mean the bulbs

are
VERY big and seem healthy, and there are a lot of roots showing all over

the
place. I am assuming they are onc. because they look exactly like my onc.
sharry sweet baby, same kind of leaves and bulbs.

But it is planted in a small pot, 10 cm in diameter. And reading my orchid
books by Rittershausen, they like to 'sit tight', but they seem very
overproportioned, and am worried about watering them too much, because

there
isn´t a lot of media in those pots. I thought to leave them alone for some
time and keep an eye on growth. I keep them in a window which gets lots of
morning sun, and they are in a bigger pot with some leca stones on the
bottom to help with the humidity.

Does anyone have any advice as to the growing media and if I should repot?

Thanks,

Victoria

Thanks for the advice. I´m going to keep an eye on the oncs and just enjoy
their healthy appearance. I think I´ll see if I can make them bloom, and
then see if I should repot. It´s quite exciting to see what the flowers look
like, what with the sturdiness of the plants.

Thanks again,

Victoria