Old 01-07-2004, 02:12 AM
Steveo

Default Milky Spore by Mailorder

wrote:
On 30 Jun 2004 17:16:56 GMT, Steveo
wrote:

(Dave) wrote:
I keep wanting to try this stuff but it is not cheap and there is
considerable price variation between different vendors. Can anyone
recommend a mailorder source? Thanks.

Be sure you don't use any other grub control after you put down
your milky spore bacteria. You have to let the grubs feed on the
spore, and then die from milky disease for it to start working.

If you have had bad grub problems you may want to consider Merit,
or Mach II. Right now would be the time to apply those.

Milky Spore takes -lots- of patience, and crossing your fingers.

You are right, directions recommend two years of 'seeding' the ground
with the granular stuff.

You may end up having to 'seed' with grass seed a few times, before you
have accumulated enough dead grubs to protect your soil. Every grub that
dies from the milky disease contibutes to the spore population of your
soil. short description for people that aren't familiar with the
milky spore approach

Right now my house is being pelted with
beetles, and they are crawling all over my trees. And it hasn't been
two full years yet, so I suspect my grass is going to take some damage
this fall.

How big are your lawn areas? (sq ft)