Old 29-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Tom La Bron

Default OT ~ Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

D-Kat,

I used to read volumes of SciFi literature long ago and had given up
on women writers, as far as SciFi was concerned. Then I got one of
LeGuins novels and as far as I am concerned she is one of the best
female writers that has come along in SciFi. She is a top of the line
writer.

Tom L.L.
==================================
From: D Kat )
Subject: OT ~ Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: 2003-01-29 06:30:56 PST

Have you read Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea Trilogy (and following books)?
have tried to talk my son into trying them but so far he is too
"loyal" to
Harry Potter to step out on them. If you have not read LeGuin's
books, I
HIGHLY recommend them. Though I am a Potter fan I see the theme as
taken
from the first book.