Old 01-07-2004, 03:04 PM
---pete---

Default Freezing my Zucchini...

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:28:58 GMT, "Brigitte J."
wrote:

I have zucchini coming out my ears! I'd like to freeze it, but not sure how
to do this.

-----
Brigitte,
I looked it up in my Freezing Guide (by Dow, makers of ziplock bags)
And it says to wash Squash/Zucchini, then blanch it for 3 minutes
or steam it for 4 minutes, thern put it in the freezer bags and freeze
it.

Just in case you don't know, blanching means to get the water
boiling and drop the things in, then wait 3 minutes and remove them.
You can even run them under cold water to stop the cooking process
but I'm not sure it's necessay for zucchini.

Now I'm wondering if the DOW company has this freezing
guide on their website.

10 minutes later....

Sorry, but this page below is the only thing they have
related to freezing. Too bad. The booklet was called...
"Freeze It! - Home Freezing Made Easy," but it's
no longer available.
http://www.ziploc.com/tip_freezer.asp

---pete---