Old 02-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Ned

Default %$@#*&^ utility workmen

"Blues Ma" wrote in message

It's always best to find out what the utility easements are around your
property. These are legally defined and easily determined.
If you have valuable trees that begin to encroach that area, have them
trimmed by a professional before the utility hacking season.

Excellent advice. I used to work for the power company, you would be
surprised how many people plant in the right-of-way without giving a
thought. People would get upset when their shrubs/trees would be destroyed,
and only had themselves to blame. CIE would always excavate and plant grass
seed when we had to go through the right-of-way, never would we replace
shrubs/trees/concrete/sheds and just about anything you could think of.