Old 02-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Stan Goodman

Default Vinagar Herbacide?

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:12:21 UTC, "Dee Jay" opined:
Stan Goodman wrote:
It is as if whiskey manufacturers would label the product "40%
drunkeness" instead of "40% alcohol" or a proof rating, in the belief
that semi-literate purchasers would find that more meaningful.

Wouldn't it be more akin to calling rubbing alcohol "100% alcohol" as
opposed to "100% isopropyl alcohol"?

Calling the product e.g. "100% acid" would be like calling the rubbing
alcohol "100% alcohol", and would be equally misleading and equally
uninformative. Calling it "100% acidity" (or whatever number) doesn't make
any sense at all, no matter how you slice it.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendum.

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.