Old 02-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Anyone recognize this paph ?

DKafkewitz wrote:

Below is a link to a photo of a paph now in flower. Does anyone recognize this
flower and can make a guess at the cross ?

The plant was in a college greenhouse and was abandoned and falling apart a
couple of years ago. The plant had no tag. I took a division. (The rest of
the plant was discarded.) This week it flowerered. The leaves are long
strap-like and mottled. Thre are three buds on the spike. The photo is of the
first flower to open. A second bud is not far behind in development.
As I have npo idea what cross this is any help would be apprecited.

Many thanks,

Oh, I'd say it was a rothschildianum hybrid. I'm pretty sure of that,
actually. I'm thinking it could be Lady Isabel (roth x stonei).
Without a sense of scale, it is hard to tell. If it is a primary
hybrid, then you have a not so bad chance of identifying it, most
primary crosses are pretty consistent.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )