Old 02-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Henry

Default Wild Flower

"Dave" wrote in message
news:txdFc.77813$HS3.27976@edtnps84...
Hello.

Was out camping yesterday in central British Columbia Canada. On the drive
back, I spotted a vibrantly colored flower along the roadside. I had
forgotten my digital camera, so I picked it and put in a bottle with

water.
Took some close up pics of it when we got home.

Can anyone tell me the name of this flower?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/wildflower.html

Thanks, Dave

Well, I checked with my mom because she has a few just like this growing at
the side of the house, she tells me it's a lily, but didn't know what kind.
I looked up tiger lily and found this:
http://www.holoweb.com/cannon/tigerlil.htm

It's similar but the colour is different.

There's also one called a liberty bell:
http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/images/AT1...berty-Bell.jpg
and one called four seasons:
http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/images/AT1...ur-Seasons.jpg
I think the four seasons is the closest but the spots aren't quite right.

Here is the one that was growing at the side of my mom's house
http://members.rogers.com/1henry/lily.jpg

They are quite striking.