Old 02-07-2004, 05:03 PM
William W. Plummer

Default Wild Flower

Henry wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
news:txdFc.77813$HS3.27976@edtnps84...

Hello.

Was out camping yesterday in central British Columbia Canada. On the drive
back, I spotted a vibrantly colored flower along the roadside. I had
forgotten my digital camera, so I picked it and put in a bottle with

water.

Took some close up pics of it when we got home.

Can anyone tell me the name of this flower?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/wildflower.html

Thanks, Dave

Well, I checked with my mom because she has a few just like this growing at
the side of the house, she tells me it's a lily, but didn't know what kind.
I looked up tiger lily and found this:
http://www.holoweb.com/cannon/tigerlil.htm

It's similar but the colour is different.

There's also one called a liberty bell:
http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/images/AT1...berty-Bell.jpg
and one called four seasons:
http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/images/AT1...ur-Seasons.jpg
I think the four seasons is the closest but the spots aren't quite right.

Here is the one that was growing at the side of my mom's house
http://members.rogers.com/1henry/lily.jpg

They are quite striking.

It looks like a lily. But before you run out and buy some, note the
Asiatic Lily Beetle (little red bugs) are muching their way through
Asiatic lilies in the entire world. Day lilies are not affected, however.