Old 03-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Phisherman

Default Ponds & Mosquitoes

A well-stocked pond with minnows and goldfish actually decreases the
mosquito population. Clogged gutters, old tires, bird baths,
watering cans, etc that collect stagnant water are favorite breeding
spots (it takes only a couple tablespoons of water to breed several
hundred mosquitoes.) It does not take a lot of money nor space to
build and maintain a pond. Feeder goldfish and minnows are about 10
cents each. A package of three dunks is about $10.

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 09:35:22 GMT, Suzie-Q
wrote:

I'm really just curious. I've often wondered how people (usually
people with lots of money) who have large plots of land with
large ponds (or tiny lakes) control mosquitoes. I guess I'm a bit
of a pessimist, because whenever I think about the possibility of
having a large pond on my property (after I win the lotto and buy
a ranch) I think the number of mosquitoes would make it very
unpleasant.

So what do they use to control mosquitoes? Fish? Giant mosquito
"dunks"??!!