Old 03-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Weeds ?

"troubleinstore" wrote
Firstly, my lawn is absolutlely full of weeds. How can I get rid of them
all. I have a dog so if chemicals are to be used they must be doggy
friendly.

I'm on record as liking weeds in lawns.
what you want isn't easy. You have several choices:
* mow regularly and the grass will slowly take over from the weeds
* use a suitable tool and dig out weed plants, then seed in thier
place
* Use a broadleaf weedkiller.
* Use a 'spot' weedkiller.

I don't do chemicals. But various commercial treatments can be
purchased, and they all have detailed instructions.

Asd for dogs, you will certianly have to keep the dog away during
application, and perhaps for 24 hours more. Again, read the
instructions.

Secondly, I wish to put some decking down in front of the lounge window. Can
anyone suggest a good website with step by step instructions on what to do
and what also advises what size wood to use.

Hmm..
"don't" would seem to be a popular response on here. Why don't you
want paving?
We have a very good friend who knows all about that -
http://www.pavingexpert.com/home.htm .

I've seen http://www.deckingdirect.co.uk/deckingdirect.pdf and
http://magnettrade.mccanni.co.uk/cat...n_decking.pdf,
but why not ask at the place where you will buy it. They have very
good leaflets available.