Old 03-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Brian

Default Maurandya

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

I have grown some from seed (only to find it in Lanthorne's plantery!)
and it doesn't seem to be a self-clinger. Is that so, or is it like
Gloriosa rothschildiana and some others that only develop their
attachments when they get medium sized?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I envy you. Haven't seen Maurandia since it was known as
Asarina~~ and then we only had it under glass.Yours seems to be the most
acceptable colour though we had both pink and white [quite rare] M.
barcliana and grew to about 12' with wires and assistance. Very long
flowering and attractive. The flowers were as you described but many thought
them to be similar to Jasmine until looking closer.
Regards Brian 'flayb' to respond.