Old 03-07-2004, 09:02 PM
rickm

Default neighbor problems?? It's TRUE!

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:03:25 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

"Anonny Moose" wrote in message

"Bill R" wrote in message
Warren wrote:
Bad Fences wrote:

A national news magazine program is looking for a few good examples of
neighbor problems. Is there someone on your block that just makes you
crazy? Send us your details. If your case is chosen for our broadcast
report, we will try to help find a solution for you and your neighbor.
contact us at:

You expect us to believe that Dateline NBC get's it's e-mail service
through Yahoo???

That is EXACTLY what I thought when I read the post.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

I checked Dateline's website http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/ where I
found this:

. Neighbor problems
We're looking for a few good examples of neighbor problems. Is there

someone
on your block that just makes you crazy? Send us your details. If your

case
is chosen for our broadcast report, we will try to help find a solution

for
you and your neighbor.

And YES, the address you link to is this yahoo account.

Boy, do I have a neighbor problem....

Me too, but I don't think they have a cure for "redneck"

They don't. I live on a corner lot, the main street contains larger
fairly well kept older homes and the side street has some older places
that need a good going over. The house next to us was a rental for a
while, we talked to them just to make sure we had good neighbors (most
of them introduced themselves to us when they moved it). The folks
across the street are heavily involved in the church down the street
and haven't said anything to us when they realized we weren't going to
attend their church. The other folks across the street didn't say much
to us until we had a neighborhood noise problem and needed additional
signatures to get the problem resolved.

On the side street are some older folks who mind their own business
but will stop and yack your ear off if you let them. Really nice
people, we look out for them. One couple lives in her grandmother's
house...they're nice but a bit snotty. They're now trying to sue us
for a piece of land they say her grandmother planted flowers on YEARS
ago (which i mow or weedeat regularly). Across from them is the
redneck...I hate to call the guy that because it's an insult to
rednecks. 900sq foot home with 6 people living in it. 5 running
vehicles and 3 in various states of disrepair. He had 3 more until the
city made him clean them up. Nasty, which is why I have a large bamboo
"fence line" running in the back so I don't have to see it. I've tried
to talk to him, all he can talk about is how bad the city is for
making him mow his lawn and keep it semi neat.

The best neighbors I had was were I grew up in Virginia. 7 homes in a
row surrounded by woods or farmed fields. No fences, no boundaries.
We'd play footback in the backyards of 4 homes, no one cared. We asked
for permission which shocked them. If someone was sick the others
would stop by with a meal or something. Lots of mutual respect, we
looked at our actions from what other's might think. When Dad planted
blueberries in the back he planted 2 dozen bushes. I asked why, he
said so everyone could enjoy them. It's still like that there too,
since 1975 only one person moved away. Pretty cool if you ask me.