Old 03-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Hedera

"p.mc" sigadd1to wrote in message

Hi All

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I bought a climbing plant to cover

a fence
(Hedera) I'm sorry but that's the only info I have on the plant, but

I do
believe it is a climber. Now I've covered the fence in light weight

fine
plastic netting, and I've noticed that the plant is intertwining

into the
netting and actually attaching itself on the fence instead of using

the
netting as support. Should I remove the netting as it looks as if it

will
cling on to the fence without it, and will the netting stop it's

progress by
intertwining in it and getting entangled?

What you have acquired is an ivy. It does not matter whether you
leave or remove the netting. Nothing stops an ivy when it is happy,
and ivies are happy more often than not.

TIA
--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks