Old 30-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Gale Pearce

Default Will ponds cause (insects,mosquito etc) problem if it is too close to the house?

We found a lot less mosquitoes after we put our pond in - ~10 ' from our
patio door - there does seem to be quite a few other insects around the
pond - I think water attracts them, but they stay mostly around the pond-
haven't been a nuisance - that may vary by region, but not a problem in SW
Ont
Gale :~)
"John" wrote in message
m...
I like to build my pond close (4-5 feet ) to my house, but i am worry
about mosquito and other insects problem, should I build the pond far
away from the house to avoid this kinds of problem?
Thanks in advance.
John