Old 05-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Dicky

Default Anyone recognize this paph ?

For my own opinion, i do think that could be a primary hybrid which is not
too common. In my analysis, i think its parents could be rothschildianum as
the color of its lip. However, i dont think it is the hybrid between roths
and Subgenera Brachypetalum or Parvisepalum. I have searched for the photos
of some hybrids such as(roths x godefroyae) , (roths x micranthum). Their
petals are broad.

In conclusion, i feel that would be (roths x randsii).

"Germ" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
It looks more like Platycolor.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ycolor&btnG=Se
arch

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
danny wrote:

I don't think that looks remotely like Lady Isabel? And why would Lady
Isabel have mottled leaves? Maybe something like Paph. Mark Hasegawa

(roth
x concolor)?
-danny

Good call... I missed the mottled leaves part. And you are right,
now that I remind myself what Lady Isabel actually looks like... I
amend my guess to be roth x something brachy.

Another validation of the 'always leave the tags in the pot'
principle. Even if you remember what it is, the guy who inherits it
will have no clue.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )