Old 05-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] How many of you hord/keep bonsai?

I have been living in the same house for over 30years.
I have a lot that is between 1/4 and 1/3 acre. We
stopped counding when I got up to 300 trees. About 75
are bonsai. The rest in various sages of development
and neglect. I do sell trees form time to time, but
some of my children in my care for 25 years would be
difficult to part with ande start over.

I have stock I have tried to sell many times, no one
buys it. I styhle it and then there are those who
admire them. After I have an interaction with a tree,
I have difficulty in parting with it soon after.

I have reached an age where I begin to consider
culling the collection. There are some I would give
to younger folk who have more time to develop the
material. Many in my club don't want my cuttings as
they too won't really see them develop in their
lifetime. So I have made provision for the trees in
my living trust.

I trust I have about 20 years left, but those pots
become heavier and heavier each year.

Kitsune Miko

=====
We don't want to out-grow our games.
If you were the size of a planet or a galaxy,
who would you talk to? Playing God
would be as boring as solitaire
or stomping on anthills, but require
more attention. Every lonely child
dreams a doll or book will come to life.
If you know how to grow, you must teach
others. You won't let yourself make it
alone.
Dean Blehert