Old 05-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Kay

Default Help needed to identify tree...

In article , David Hill david@abacus
nurseries.freeserve.co.uk writes
I think it could be a cherry.
Having the list of pictures available in blue on blue is not a good idea, as
other posts show it is easy to miss them.

Doesn't look quite cherry to me, but it probably is. What worries me is
that the leaves look too matte and greyish, and the horizontal lines on
the bark don't look quite right - too thick and short. The apparent
suckers suggest a graft. I wonder whether it might be some other Prunus,
apricot, may be - haven't seen one close to in ages, so probably not.
Just didn't feel quite right for a cherry.
--
Kay