Old 05-07-2004, 06:02 PM
J Fortuna

Default first time double-spike!

Claude,
I searched the rgo archives, and found the following post from Ray in
response to a question about when a Phal may have multiple spikes:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...giganews.c om
Best,
Joanna

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
Claude,
Triple spiking! That's wonderful. Congratulations!

To tell you the truth, I do not really know what conditions are required

for
double or triple spiking. I know that only more mature, older plants will

do
it. But beyond that, I assumed that a plant that has had double spikes in

previous year when being grown in a greenhouse, and then once it is moved

my apartment it has only one spike per year, I assumed that this was

because
the conditions were not as good in my apartment as in the greenhouse. But

don't know which conditions -- not enough light? not enough humidity?

Does anyone else out here know what are the most likely causes of a plant
that is definitely mature enough to be in double or triple spike to only
have one spike?

Thanks,
Joanna

"Claude" wrote in message
Hey Joanna1

I`m happy for you. What are the conditions for double spiking?

One of my DTPS is actuallty triple spiking ( see previous pictures on
ABPO! )

Bye
Claude

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
| For the first time ever one of my Phals is showing activity on two

spikes,
| both of which it has grown in my apartment. One of it is an older

spike,
the
| other a new one. Before this I had bought some Phals that came with

two
| spikes, but when they reflowered they would have one spike at a time

only.