Old 05-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Help needed to identify tree...

"Pete" (not from Basildon I hope! ) wrote in message

I've recently moved into my first ever property that has a garden.

I'm no gardener but am enjoying getting to grips with what was a
jungle when I first arrived.

As part of getting to know my garden I have been trying to find out
the name of the tree growing there but with no luck.

Can anyone take a look at my photos and help me identify it.

http://www.infoweaver.net/garden/tree

Also the tree is suffering from some kind of ailment for which I also
need help identifying and treating.

I'd appreciate any (organic if possible) suggestions of reducing black
fly? \ afid and ant damage.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Looking at the Photos and especially the closeup of the infected bits do I
see a blured image of a damaged fruit that looks remarkably like a cherry?

I think it's a Cherry and possibly a Morello Cherry (Prunus cerasus
austera).

--
Regards
Bob