Old 05-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Bevan Price

Default berberis

"H. Terpstra" wrote in message om...
I've had some trouble with my neighbours wanting a new fence, but not
being able to communicate with us about it apparently. One day
(summery and hot). All our beautiful berberis shrubs (2 meters high)
were replanted in a little bit soil, digging was to much work i think,
and all the roots were shortened. They don't look well now all the
leaves are falling out and the plants are looking rather more dead
then alive. Can something be done to make them flower and grow again?

Hope someone can help out

Quite probably beyond help - I tried to move a berberis some years ago, without shortening the roots, but it failed to
survive - the leaves turned brown and all fell off.

I don't know about the law in your country, but in UK, if the berberis was entirely on your own property, then you could
go to court and claim compensation from your neighbour, so that you could buy replacement plants. (Indeed, they even may
have performed criminal damage to your property.)

Bevan