Old 05-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Rod

Default Dilemna

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 06:34:30 +0100, Dave Poole
wrote:

However, to have them actually nest in the garden where they can
become very troublesome later in the year gives me great cause for
concern. I would love to be able to leave them be and allow them to
remain for the time being, but the longer I leave them, the bigger the
nest and the wasp population will increase dramatically. Looks a
though I'll have to go out with a torch and a suitable wasp killer one
night very soon. I'm not looking forward to it, but the constant
stream from a large population will effectively make a good portion of
the garden a no-go area since I have to cross their flight path

Even in your tight space I think I'd try and live with them, they are
not normally aggressive - even if you're crossing their flight path.
So long as you are not lingering in the flight path doing anything
noisy or sweaty, that might be seen by them as threatening you should
be OK. Later on of course you'll have to check those sticky cakes
before you pop them in your mouth {;~))
Rod

Weed my address to reply