Old 06-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Dave

Default Wild Flower

"Timothy" wrote in message
s.com...
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:36:25 +0000, Dave wrote:

Hello.

Was out camping yesterday in central British Columbia Canada. On the

drive
back, I spotted a vibrantly colored flower along the roadside. I had
forgotten my digital camera, so I picked it and put in a bottle with
water. Took some close up pics of it when we got home.

Can anyone tell me the name of this flower?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/wildflower.html

Thanks, Dave

Tiger lily ( Lilium columbianum )

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/environment/...olumbianum.htm

This is a wounderful wild lily found in bc, wa, ond oregon. These bulbs
move well and they are rather care free once there are established. I like
the little fruits that they get after flowering.

Hello again, after 2 days of searching, I finally found another of these
plants (In the same general area). I did not cut this one as they seem to be
rare??

Would this Lily adapt to a home garden if I dug it up and transplanted it?
Or should I cut it and put in rooting hormone?

Thks, Dave