Old 06-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Dave Poole

Default Dilemna

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 08:03:32 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

You can't have your cake and eat it.

I wasn't suggesting that for a moment.

Are you nor being selfish, expecting them to labour on your behalf,
and yet denying them s little lebensraum?

Absolutely not. I've always had great respect for wasps - they are
the finest remover of pests in a garden - I thought I made that
perfectly clear. The dilemna is that I want to leave them be, but may
have to eradicate them for the sake of safety.

Why not let them live in peace in what sounds like a reasonably remote
corner of your garden?

Remote? You must be joking. There is a fair sized Butia palm
diagonally opposite the date creating limited access to all of the
main part of the garden. This puts any visitor directly into the
flight path and at great risk of attack - not at the moment, but when
nest activity slows down in late summer.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November