Old 06-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] "Drenching"

So I left it at that..drenching, now is that when one waters through &
through with the fungicide or is that more like an imersion? Or better
yet, does it matter? I would have thought that if the fungicide was
systemic it would not require 'drencing' however if the object is to
'soak' the soil to eliminate spores, then perhaps a drenching is in
order!

Some systemic pesticides travel *only* up from the roots; others will
move small distances in the leaf tissue. Each pesticide is different.
Generally a "drench" is recommended if uptake occurs in the root, or
if the targeted organ is the root.

Nina