Old 06-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Douglas

Default Thinking Caps On

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
"
Light hearted caper & sir gained it (8 letters)

Up to now, the other answers have all been common names of plants.

Think this will be an anagram of caper & sir, but can't yet work it out.

Mike

******
I am a keen cross-word solver and I do the ones where you just get one,
two, or thee clues.
I use a hand-held Oxford "Concise Thesaurus" and please do not say I am
cheating, I don't see it that way. I see it as a learning/teaching device,
just like at school where the Teacher asks you a question and you don't know
the answer. In the event you are told the answer and thus your vocabulary is
enhanced.
I consider that leaving the problem unanswered is not good for you because
you suffer frustration.
Given the answer, it keeps you calm and increases your word power because
you remember it.
And that's my excuse and |I am sticking to it.
I am hopeless at those complicated cryptic crosswords. I have tried hard
but I just haven't got the sneaky brain required to cope with it. I don't do
too badly with the anagrams, though.
Doug.
******