Old 06-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Timothy

Default Wild Flower

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:27:02 +0000, Dave wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
s.com...
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:36:25 +0000, Dave wrote:

Hello.

Was out camping yesterday in central British Columbia Canada. On the

drive
back, I spotted a vibrantly colored flower along the roadside. I had
forgotten my digital camera, so I picked it and put in a bottle with
water. Took some close up pics of it when we got home.

Can anyone tell me the name of this flower?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/wildflower.html

Thanks, Dave

Tiger lily ( Lilium columbianum )

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/environment/...olumbianum.htm

This is a wounderful wild lily found in bc, wa, ond oregon. These bulbs
move well and they are rather care free once there are established. I
like the little fruits that they get after flowering.

Hello again, after 2 days of searching, I finally found another of these
plants (In the same general area). I did not cut this one as they seem to
be rare??

Would this Lily adapt to a home garden if I dug it up and transplanted it?
Or should I cut it and put in rooting hormone?

Thks, Dave

This lily isn't that rare (around here in bellingham, wa) and I've found
it many different times before in the woods. I don't suggest that you dig
it or cut it though. It would be kindest to purchase it from a specialty
nursery. If digging is the only option, then mark the area and return when
the lily has died down to the ground for the year. Then treat it as you
would any other lily or bulb. Take note on how deep the bulb is in the
soil, you will want to replant it at that depth.