Old 07-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Toadstools

In article ,
Franz Heymann wrote:
"Simon" wrote in message

I just want a lawn that the kids can play on, without worrying they

will
decide to eat them.

Many of the plants in most gardens are either plain inedible or
seriously poisonous. So, fungi or not, you simply have to teach your
children not to put anything from the garden into their mouths without
permission from you.

The purpose of a parent is to educate his or her children.

I used chillis and nettles as teaching aids. They learnt VERY early
that asking me before eating anything was a wise decision. From
the age of two, I never had a problem - they would raid the carrots,
soft fruit etc. and avoid the laburnum, nightshade etc.

Worms were fine, too.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.