Old 07-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] How many of you hord/keep bonsai?

I gave away a small Ficus nerifolia today. It was in a yellow
Chinese pot about 8 x 5 x 3. The trunk was a little over one inch and the tree was
8 to 10 inches high.
The husband of a coworker makes t shirts to commemorate Space
Shuttle launches and I have purchased leftovers cheap as gifts for relatives
when I travel. This time she said she wanted a bonsai in addition the money.
(The price she charges me is barely more that the cost of a good white t shirt.)
When I took her the above tree she wouldn't take the money.
She spent all day talking about the tree.
It was a great feeling and she didn't realize how easy and
common the F. nerifolia is.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislik of Whitefish, Montana, Chase Rosade of New Hope,
PA, and Ben Oki of California.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++