Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Lisa

Default someone please help me save Orchy the Orchid...

Wow People - how did you know it was a Phalaenopsis - I am terribly
impressed - so let me see if I get this - I should not water daily -
more like once a week - and don't flood it or keep it in a saucer of
water - repot if the pot is in rough shape (it is new for now) and
don't worry of the blooms have fallen after 6-8 weeks because that is
normal and they will back next year at this time? Did I get all that
right? Phew - I am glad she is not dead or dying - I felt sad and
guily - new mom syndrome- want to nurture everything! Please advise me
about any other things I might be able to do for Orchy - I don't know,
with 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 baby and one big baby (aka husband - lol) that
I have time for an orchid hobby - but when I do get sentimental I go
full tilt and this particulor orchid was a gift from my mom on the
occassion of my university grad after 14 years of stops and starts so
it means a lot to me - also I managed to keep it out of the clutches
of my cats long enough for them to have forgotten it was here which
means it has a fighting chance - so please keep advising and thanks
for being such a good bunch of people - I once posted a q about dog
behavior and you wouldn't believe the weirdos who started answering
and even emailing me - oh well - thanks again and cheers - lisa,
Orchy's somewhat relieved mom!