Old 08-07-2004, 03:02 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default SOmething that loves to eat sunflowers down to the veins

wrote:

Yeah, me too. I assume that its slugs or something like that.

I keep hearing about how easy they are to grow, but I rarely ever get
any to the blooming stage before some mishap stops them from getting
there.

Swyck

I grew a few dwarfs in containers last year, but I wanted to try the
really tall ones out in the ground. One of them isn't too bad. The
others are naked. The tallest has the bud formed.

Interesting--the bug didn't eat the cotyledon leaves on any of them.
Just the real leaves.

When I was digging here I saw a lot of a bug in the dirt--some kind of
beetle. Whatever it is it definitely has a taste for these guys.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener
http://members.aol.com/DigitalVinyl66/Garden2004.html