Old 08-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Buddleja Repair?

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:13 +0100 (BST), (Steve Harris)
wrote:

My Buddleja Lochinch got blown skew-wiff by last night's wind. It was a
neat 7' high inverted cone. Now it leans at 30 degrees :-(

When I rock it, the ground moves.

Perhaps I should put heavy rocks on the ground around the stem to
stabilise?

You'd need a fair few rocks!

Tamp the soil down around the roots as best you can for the time
being, then dig around the shallow rootball in late Autumn and
straighten it up.
You could do it now, but the corresponding disturbance to the roots
would leave the Bud vulnerable in the ( ho ho ho ) forthcoming hot
summer.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk